Search This Blog

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Rakosmente Open 2013-04 Rd6 Results

Rd6 Results and Final Standings
Suryani,P(FIDE 2152) and I bothi scored 5-1 but I took first with better tiebreaks. The result would have surely been different had Suranyi asked for a half-point bye for rd1 instead of getting the automatic zero point bye.

He beat me in our individual encounter in rd6 in a tense game. Suryani is my RAC teammate and raced off to play in the Torokves RR(rd 3) right after. I wisely took two byes(friday and sunday) for a more manageable weekend of chess.

Here is my rd6 game with the top seed.

I got a complex position with play for both sides but eventually the better player won.


Suranyi,Pal (2152) - Yip,Michael (1999) 
Semi-Slav Anti-Moscow Gambit[D43] 

Rakosmente Open Budapest, Hungary (6), 21.04.2013


Position 1
Black has been caught in the center. What do you recommend for white?

White to Play

16...Rf8

Position 1
White has just sacrificed and now will win a tempo when the queen moves. What do you recommend for black?
  • 22...Qb6
  • 22...Qc5
  • Something else
Black to Play
22.Rd1

No comments:

Post a Comment