Search This Blog

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Kobanya Open 2012-12 Rd4

I started the tournament in a hole with a first round loss and scored only 2.5/3 today. Kiss, Peter is having a good tournament. I think he has 3.5/4 now. Several juniors are having good tournaments. I'll post the full standings when the become available.

64 players are taking part with the usual enthusiasm. This tournament I'm not having much sucess against the usual wall of juniors that usually participate.


The tournament hall


Round 3
Czumel,p(L)-Yip(r)
Photos by Mr Bolgar(Thank you!)

In round 2 I had this position and found the nice mate.

White to play


14...Re8


Here is my round 4 game, which was my best effort of the day.

Yip,M (2075) - Csermely,Z (1642)
Nimzo-Indian 4.e3 d5[E52]
Kobanya Open (4), 15.12.2012

Position 1
Black has prodded the nice pawn front with 28..b5. What do you suggest for white?

White to Play



28...b5


Position 2
The attack is winding down. The kingside has been openned up with a pawn sacrifice but black suffers from playing without his queenside pieces.
What do you propose for white?(more than one answer is possible).

White to Play


35...Nxh5


No comments:

Post a Comment